Experts will be gathering at the OneTogether UK Expert Conference 2024 with the aim of sharing their insights into how to reduce surgical site infections (SSIs). The conference and exhibition will take place on the 7 March 2024, at the National Conference Centre, Birmingham.
SSIs account for 16% of healthcare associated infections and are associated with considerable morbidity, mortality and increased costs of care.
OneTogether is a partnership between leading professional organisations with an interest in the prevention of SSIs. Its mission is to promote and support the spread and adoption of best practice to prevent SSIs across the surgical patient pathway. By connecting UK infection prevention associations, key industry partners and the health care community, the programme strives to improve overall patient care.
OneTogether aims to:
- Raise the profile of infection prevention and the scientific data supporting the practice.
- Engage healthcare professionals and institutions to make a difference at every level to reduce SSI and improve patient outcomes.
- Share best practice across all specialties.
- Leverage the strength and reach of professional associations, industry partners and online platforms to educate and engage.
The OneTogether 2024 Programme will cover:
- SSI bundle failure: Lets get this right!
Jude Robinson, PhD Researcher/ IPC Senior Nurse Specialist, University of Nottingham
- The power of prediction
Dr James Price, Senior Lecturer in Infection, Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Presented by Kate Woodhead, Perioperative Consultant
- Development in Incision Wound Care Management
Ruth Yeoell, Medical Liaison, 3M
- Rituals and behaviours in the operating theatre guidelines
Debbie Xuereb, Advanced Practice Nurse, Mater Dei Hospital
Engage with top experts in the field of surgical site infection and secure your FREE spot now for a day of insightful discussions and invaluable networking. To register, visit: https://fitwise.eventsair.com/one-together-conference-2024/