In the light of recent events surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), we have decided to postpone the EBME Expo until Autumn 2020. The health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and workforce is our number one priority, therefore driving our decision to postpone the event from April 29 – 30th to September 3rd - 4th 2020.
The EBME (Electronic and Biomedical Engineering) conference and exhibition began in 2009 as a way of improving healthcare through the sharing and application of knowledge from experienced professionals involved in the management of healthcare technology. This annual event has grown year on year, with the independent exhibition selling out for the past five years running. Delegates' Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities have also expanded to include technical demonstrations and workshops.
Dr. John Sandham will once again be chairing the EBME Expo in 2020, which takes place on 29th & 30th April 2020. The organising committee have chosen to return to The Milton Keynes Marshall Arena, which proved very popular in 2019 with both delegates and exhibitors and has ample space to guarantee a valuable experience.
The EBME Expo is the largest gathering of EBME managers, healthcare technologists and clinical scientists within the UK. These stakeholders are key personnel in the decision making process for medical and laboratory equipment within both the NHS and private healthcare sector.
EBME Expo 2020 features a conference and exhibition with renowned and distinguished speakers in the conference hall and more than 80 internationally respected companies in the exhibition hall, showcasing the latest technologies and equipment that the medical industry has to offer. A range of both larger and smaller exhibition spaces are available to enable all types of companies to demonstrate their innovative products.
This FREE one day event will be of interest to all healthcare workers involved in the insertion and care of vascular access devices.
This conference promises to offer delegates the latest in IV AND OPAT education and expertise, with inspiring speakers and informative sessions.
- Welcoming and Housekeeping
- "Intravenous therapy – meeting patient needs in Complex Gastrointestinal Surgery"
- Parenteral nutrition and associated challenges
- Antimicrobial therapy administration – a complex situation
- Clinical Collaboration in the Reduction of IV Associated Risk for Critical Care Patients
- “Triple A’s : How not to bypass a vein? Successful Approaches to Vascular Access in Challenging Situations"
- Vascular Access in the Community - Maintaining Safety Following Discharge
Please be advised that the upcoming event, IV Therapy and OPAT at the Molineux Stadium has been postponed until Thursday 10th September 2020 .
The IPS annual conference showcases the largest infection prevention exhibition in the UK. The IPS exhibition hall is dedicated to infection prevention, showcasing innovative products and services from about 100 companies. Attendees enjoy exclusive exhibition hours each day to learn about new science, technologies, advances, and products that provide solutions to infection prevention challenges and strengthen infection prevention programs.
IPS provides exclusive Exhibition Hall hours offering uninterrupted networking time. Workshops and educational sessions are not scheduled during these times, thereby eliminating any competition to the Exhibition Hall. Collect quality leads from dedicated infection prevention and control professionals who are passionate about learning and improving their facilities with your products. IPS provides complimentary refreshments and lunch in the hall for attendees, so they don’t have to leave the convention centre. This allows them to maximise their time spent with exhibitors.
The IPS annual conference is the largest infection prevention and control exhibition in the UK and it is expected to attract over 1000 professionals in this field. If you would like to attend the exhibition to view the exhibits this is free* of charge. *Please note this does not include any session attendance or catering.
Following advice from our colleagues at NHS England/NHS Improvement together with the input of Public Health England, we have rescheduled our September conferences to a new date which is Tuesday 10th November 2020. All existing bookings will be transferred automatically. The remaining funded delegate places (no cost to individual/organisation) are available to book now with the following new promotional codes.
Managing Deteriorating Conditions 2020
Learning from Sepsis+ & AMR
After guidance from NHS England / Improvement, the Sepsis+ conference has evolved. The scope has been widened to encompass all deteriorating conditions. A lot has been learned from the focus on sepsis over the last 12 months and NHS leaders believe it’s time to introduce the improved processes and procedures so that medical professionals will better manage and identify all deteriorating conditions, improve antibiotic stewardship and reduce mortality rates.
www.deterioratingconditions.co.uk (MDC20DELTA new promo code)
The world of medicine meets at MEDICA 2020. A must for anyone who wants to experience tomorrow’s healthcare market live.
Messe Düsseldorf has drawn up a hygiene and infection protection concept on the basis of the current corona protection ordinance of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, in particular to ensure the necessary health precautions, hygiene measures and distance regulations at all upcoming events at the Düsseldorf venue. This includes both measures for personnel and space management as well as hygienic, technical and organisational measures that the state government has established for the operation of congresses and trade fairs.
Information for Delegates attending the Annual Conference 2020
This year’s IDSc Annual Conference is taking place on 30th November - 2nd December at Celtic Manor Resort, Coldra Wood, The Usk Valley, Chepstow Rd, Newport NP18 1HQ
BSG Annual Meeting 2021
The Annual Meeting will run from 8th – 11th February 2021. The Gastroenterology and GP Masterclasses will take place on Monday 8th Feb, followed by the main meeting from Tuesday to Thursday. Exhibition, industry symposia and poster sessions take place on Tuesday through Thursday, alongside key programme topics each day as outlined below.
Monday 8th February
- Gastroenterology Masterclass, GP Masterclass
- Late afternoon welcome drinks reception in the exhibition hall
Tuesday 9th February
- Key programme topics: AYP, Clinical Guidelines, Colorectal, IBD, Oesophageal, Gastroduodenal, Nursing and Small bowel & Nutrition
- Fun run organised by the Trainees Section
Wednesday 10th February
- Key programme topics: Endoscopy Live, IBD, Pathology, Clinical Service Development, Liver, SWIG, AGIP Nursing and NGM.
- BSG social event.
Thursday 11th February
- Key programme topics: Endoscopy, Neuro gastroenterology, Science Masterclass, Clinical Services and Liver
Central Sterilising Club 60th Anniversary Annual Scientific Meeting
The 2021 CSC Annual Scientific Meeting will feature:
- The Annual Kelsey Lecture, The Story of Decontamination in Endoscopy – Gluteraldyhyde and Beyond. Presented by Dr Helen Griffiths, Decontamination Advisor for the British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- The debate – to be or not to be? do AE(D)s have a long-term future? Wayne Spencer and Sulisti Holmes come face to face – a spectacle not to be missed!
- CJD guidance update: changing our approach to device processing, including Dr K Sinka, CJD Lead, Public Health England
- A focus on environmental issues relative to decontamination of medical devices
- Water quality testing, the complete life-cycle – or is it? Dr David Jenkins, Consultant Medical Microbiologist and Lead Infection Control Doctor at Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Decontamination equipment testing – a step too far?
This event is perfect for all individuals with an interest in decontamination and infection prevention, including:
- Decontamination Technicians
- Decontamination Managers
- Infection Prevention Practitioners
- Providers of Healthcare Services, Products and Equipment
This event not only presents the chance to learn, but it also provides the opportunity to network with multi-disciplinary decontamination practitioners from across the UK.