It's Not Just A Pulse Oximeter
It's not just a pulse oximeter if it doesn't work on all patients, regardless of skin pigmentation. It’s time to stop accepting pulse oximetry technology that doesn’t perform when you need it most... it’s time to choose Nonin.
When your patient is counting on you, there is no time to second guess your pulse oximeter. Low-cost pulse oximeters that inaccurately report hypoxic events can have life threatening consequences. Nonin PureSAT® technology provides measurements you can trust, even in the most challenging of conditions.
From the release of the world’s first fingertip oximeter in 1995, the original Nonin Onyx 9500, Nonin oximeters have been providing reliable and accurate monitoring for patients, in conditions such as the presence of dark skin, motion, low perfusion etc. which prove challenging for most other pulse oximeters. You can count on Nonin’s PureLight® sensor technology and PureSAT® signal processing technology to provide fast and precise SpO2 readings that you can trust for all patients - regardless of skin pigmentation - especially at low saturations where measurement accuracy counts the most.
In a clinical study, performed by researchers at the University of California San Francisco1, the Nonin PureSAT® oximeter was found to have excellent accuracy and the lowest bias of the oximeters tested when compared to the gold standard, blood gas or co-oximetry, across oxygen saturation levels including the critical 70-80% range. The Nonin oximeter was not affected by skin pigmentation compared to competitive products tested.
Significantly, the authors state “clinically important bias should be considered when monitoring patients with saturation below 80%, especially those with dark pigmented skin”. With industry-leading accuracy and reliability like this, the Nonin 9590 finger pulse oximeter stands apart from low-cost oximeters, also offering:
- Proven durability in the most demanding environments – covered by a 5 year ‘drop inclusive’ warranty, and tough enough to withstand a minimum of 50 drops from 1 metre (PROACT UK & Ireland)
- Wide fit range – suitable for spot-checking adult and paediatric patients; accommodating fingers, thumbs and toes with digit thicknesses: 8mm - 25mm
- Unmatched ease of use - auto ON / OFF when finger is inserted / removed
- Unique Nonin pulse quality indicator - a fast and simple “Green is Good” assessment of signal quality that simplifies and completely removes the need for a plethysmographic waveform
- ISO 80601-2-61:2017 compliant – meets criteria for accuracy, ruggedness, fluid ingress (IP rating) etc.
- US manufactured, lead free, class IIb device (all low-cost pulse oximeters are class IIa)
The Nonin 9590 is available direct from PROACT Medical Ltd (www.proactmedical.co.uk) or through NHSSC - ask for National Pricing Matrix details for regular/larger orders.
1 “Dark skin decreases the accuracy of pulse oximeters at low oxygen saturations: effects of oximeter probe type and gender”, John Feiner, et al. Anesthesia & Analgesia, December, 2007.
It’s time to choose Nonin.